Complimentary and alternative medicines may help treat prostate diseases and relieve symptoms. Some men use the herb saw palmetto to relieve symptoms of enlarged prostate. Other men may make dietary changes to include high quantities of lycopene, which helps prevent prostate cancer. Biofeedback and acupuncture may also help manage pain associated with chronic prostatitis. Talk to your doctor about your treatment options and whether alternative medicine may be right for you.
- Q What is nonbacterial prostatitis?
- Q Why is it important for men over the age of 50 to have prostate exams?
- Q How do I manage prostate diseases on a daily basis?
- Q Where is the prostate?
- Q What is the function of the prostate?
- Q What is a good diet for prostate health?