Complimentary and alternative medicines may help treat prostate diseases and relieve symptoms. Some men use the herb saw palmetto to relieve symptoms of enlarged prostate. Other men may make dietary changes to include high quantities of lycopene, which helps prevent prostate cancer. Biofeedback and acupuncture may also help manage pain associated with chronic prostatitis. Talk to your doctor about your treatment options and whether alternative medicine may be right for you.
- Q What are common prostate problems?
- Q Why do prostate problems affect urination and sexual function?
- Q How do I manage prostate diseases on a daily basis?
- Q How common is nonbacterial prostatitis?
- Q Is there a cure for prostate diseases?
- Q Where is the prostate?