What nutrients can improve prostate health?

A number of nutrients have been shown to improve prostate health, such as green tea (because of the polyphenols) and pomegranates.

In a study of men who refused prostate surgery, one group of men only did watchful waiting (which is having a doc observe a patient but not intervene unless it's requested), while the other group went on an aggressive plant-based diet and stress reduction program. Their diet was low in fat and rich in selenium, lycopene (found in tomatoes), and vitamin E.

The outcome: The latter group reduced their PSA levels by 40 percent, and none went on to surgery in a two-year period. Many in the control group required an operation, and their PSA levels remained elevated. After being on the healthy diet for 52 weeks, the men also had their blood mixed with prostate tumor cells (in a lab experiment), and the blood arrested the growth of the tumor cells. This did not happen with the normal population. Wow.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Prostate

How do I manage my nonbacterial prostatitis?
Treatment of nonbacterial prostatitis should be directed by your physician. Your doctor may employ a...
How do I manage prostate diseases on a daily basis?
Managing your prostate disease on a daily basis depends on the type and severity of your condition. ...
Smart Veggies for a Healthy Prostate
Smart Veggies for a Healthy Prostate
Are There Alternative Treatments for Prostate Diseases?