How do I manage my nonbacterial prostatitis?

Treatment of nonbacterial prostatitis should be directed by your physician. Your doctor may employ a variety of modalities to treat nonbacterial prostatitis, depending on the severity of the related symptoms. Specifically, medical treatment with prescription and non-prescription drugs, lifestyle modification, alternative treatment methods such as relaxation techniques (biofeedback) and acupuncture, and, rarely, surgery are possible methods by which nonbacterial prostatitis can be managed.

Continue Learning about Prostate

What nutrients can improve prostate health?
A number of nutrients have been shown to improve prostate health, such as green tea (because of the ...
What is a prostate?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The prostate is a gland in males that is located at the base of the bladder. It makes alkaline fluid...
Smart Veggies for a Healthy Prostate
Smart Veggies for a Healthy Prostate
What Is a PSA Test?
What Is a PSA Test?