What prostate conditions can the PSA test detect?

We need to understand the limitations of the PSA test for cancer, and realize that its a much better tool for diagnosing benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and prostatitis. Both BPH and prostatitis affect many more men than prostate cancer.  For those young men who have high grade cancer that are detected by PSA, and there are many of those, the PSA test is a lifesaver.

Continue Learning about Prostate Cancer

Fat and Cancer Cells: Lose it or They Use It
Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretsky: Imagine them descending on your goal . . . and you’ve never played hockey before. Well, if you’re obese and get...
What are the symptoms of stage 4 prostate cancer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Symptoms of stage 4 prostate cancer can include urinary problems, erectile dysfunction and pain in t...
What is stage 2 prostate cancer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Stage 2 prostate cancer is confined to the prostate but large enough to be detected with a physical ...
How Can I Make Sense of Prostate Cancer News?