Scientists are not sure. Studies have shown a link between a lack of omega-3 fatty acids and prostate cancer. For this reason, some health experts think flax seed oil can provide men with the essential fatty acids they need to prevent prostate inflammation. However, studies specifically about flax seed's effectiveness in treating prostate cancer have conflicting results, with one study finding that high levels of omega-3 might advance the disease. Some experts say the alpha-linolenic acid in flax seed is the cause of these findings.
- Q Does my height affect my risk of prostate cancer?
- Q What percentage of prostate cancer is hereditary?
- Q Does benign prostatic hyperplasia increase my risk for prostate cancer?
- Q Can vasectomy increase the risk of prostate cancer?
- Q How are hormones related to the development of prostate cancer?
- Q What role do genes play in prostate cancer?