Scientists are not sure. Studies have shown a link between a lack of omega-3 fatty acids and prostate cancer. For this reason, some health experts think flax seed oil can provide men with the essential fatty acids they need to prevent prostate inflammation. However, studies specifically about flax seed's effectiveness in treating prostate cancer have conflicting results, with one study finding that high levels of omega-3 might advance the disease. Some experts say the alpha-linolenic acid in flax seed is the cause of these findings.
- Q What percentage of prostate cancer is hereditary?
- Q Is there a link between diet and prostate cancer?
- Q Does frequent sex reduce my risk for prostate cancer?
- Q What is my overall risk of being diagnosed with prostate cancer?
- Q How will sex decrease my husband's risk of prostate cancer?
- Q How can diet affect my risk for prostate cancer?