Scientists are not sure. Studies have shown a link between a lack of omega-3 fatty acids and prostate cancer. For this reason, some health experts think flax seed oil can provide men with the essential fatty acids they need to prevent prostate inflammation. However, studies specifically about flax seed's effectiveness in treating prostate cancer have conflicting results, with one study finding that high levels of omega-3 might advance the disease. Some experts say the alpha-linolenic acid in flax seed is the cause of these findings.
- Q What role do androgens play in prostate cancer?
- Q Does frequent sex reduce my risk for prostate cancer?
- Q Does benign prostatic hyperplasia increase my risk for prostate cancer?
- Q How can age affect my risk of getting prostate cancer?
- Q What is the role of the HPC1 gene in prostate cancer?
- Q How does prostate cancer develop?