You can expect to have a urinary catheter (Foley) draining your bladder (which is placed in the operating room under anesthesia) for approximately 1-2 weeks after the surgery. It is not uncommon to have blood-tinged urine for a few days to a week after your surgery.
- Q When can I walk again after prostate surgery?
- Q What research is being done to help prevent pain from prostate cancer?
- Q How do I manage my prostate cancer on a daily basis?
- Q How should I change my diet if I have prostate cancer?
- Q What is the outlook for prostate cancer?
- Q How can a support group help me if I have prostate cancer?