What is biochemical relapse?

A biochemical relapse means that a particular chemical being monitored for cancer progress has begun to rise again; for example, a rise in the blood level of PSA (prostate-specific antigen) in prostate cancer patients following surgical or raditation treatment often means that the cancer has returned. In prostate cancer patients, approximately 35 percent will have such a relapse within ten years of treatment for the disease.

Continue Learning about Prostate Cancer Treatment

Double-Punch Treatment Best for Prostate Cancer
Love him or hate him, the fact is that heavyweight champ Mike Tyson won his first 19 professional bouts with knockouts—12 of them in the first round—b...
How can I reduce the side effects of prostate seed implantation?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
After your prostate seed implantation procedure (a procedure in which small radioactive "seeds" are ...
Who should not take Xtandi?
You should not take Xtandi (enzalutamide), a prescription medication used to treat metastatic castra...
I've Just Been Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, What Do I Need to Do?