Should I talk to my doctor about my prolactinoma symptoms?

If you have symptoms that you think may be caused by prolactinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms may vary depending on your sex and the size of the tumor. Suspicious symptoms in men may include erectile dysfunction, decreased body hair, and rarely, enlarged breasts or milky discharge from the breasts. In women, symptoms may include loss of or change in menstruation, breast milk production when not pregnant or nursing, and vaginal dryness. Either sex may notice a low sex drive, or if the tumor has grown large, headaches and vision problems. If you notice any of these symptoms, it's a good idea to talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Prolactinoma

What is the relationship between prolactinoma and osteoporosis?
People with prolactinoma are at a higher risk for developing osteoporosis. Prolactinoma causes too m...
Can women with prolactinoma become pregnant?
In most cases it's possible for women with prolactinoma to become pregnant, but it may be difficult ...
Is prolactinoma serious?
Prolactinoma can have serious impacts on your life, but the condition is usually treatable and isn't...
Does prolactinoma affect men differently than women?
Prolactinoma can affect both men and women, but it affects the sexes somewhat differently. Some of t...