When can I stop taking Heather?

You can stop taking the birth control pill Heather (norethindrone) whenever you no longer want to use it to prevent pregnancy. Let your doctor know about your plans, and check in with him or her if you have any symptoms or experience any changes that concern you. If you still want to avoid getting pregnant, begin using another form of birth control the day you stop taking Heather.

Continue Learning about Progestin

What is progestin?
The term progestin usually refers to a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone, which wome...
Should I be taking progestin along with Evamist?
Typically, if a woman still has her uterus and is taking some form of estrogen, doctors will decide ...