What should I do if I miss a dose of Heather?

If you're more than three hours late taking a dose of the birth control pill Heather (norethindrone), or if you miss a day altogether, take the pill as soon as you remember. Then go back to taking Heather every day at your scheduled time. For the next 48 hours, use a backup method of birth control (such as condoms and spermicide) each time you have sex.

Continue Learning about Progestin

What is progestin?
The term progestin usually refers to a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone, which wome...
Should I be taking progestin along with Evamist?
Typically, if a woman still has her uterus and is taking some form of estrogen, doctors will decide ...