How do I start taking Heather?

When you start taking the birth control pill Heather (norethindrone), your doctor will probably recommend that you begin on the first day of your next period. If you start at any other time, you should use a backup birth control method (such as a condom and spermicide) anytime you have sex during the next 48 hours. Heather comes in packs of 28 pills. You take one pill at the same time every day. When you finish a pack, start a new one the next day. If you're more than three hours late taking the pill (or miss a dose altogether), take it as soon as you remember, and use a backup birth control method for the next 48 hours.

Continue Learning about Progestin

What is progestin?
The term progestin usually refers to a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone, which wome...
Should I be taking progestin along with Evamist?
Typically, if a woman still has her uterus and is taking some form of estrogen, doctors will decide ...