How should I take Megace?

You may receive Megace as a suspension, a concentrated suspension or a tablet. All forms of Megace are taken by mouth. If you are taking Megace suspension or tablets, your doctor may prescribe this medicine to be taken several times a day. If your doctor has given you the concentrated suspension, you may only have to take Megace once a day. Set up a dosing schedule so that you remember to take Megace at the same time every day. The medicine in either kind of suspension may sink to the bottom; shaking the bottle before each use will help you get an even dose of medicine. Measure out the correct dose with a graduated spoon or other container, not silverware. Do not stop taking Megace until you consult with a medical health professional. Call the poison control hotline at 1-800-222-1222 or rush to the emergency room if you believe you have overdosed.

Continue Learning about Progestin

Should I be taking progestin along with Evamist?
Typically, if a woman still has her uterus and is taking some form of estrogen, doctors will decide ...
What is progestin?
The term progestin usually refers to a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone, which wome...