How can I minimize the side effects of Heather?

You can minimize the major side effects of the birth control pill Heather (norethindrone) if you follow the directions for taking it exactly. Heather is meant to be taken at the exact same time every day. If you take it more than three hours late, you're more likely to spot. You also lose your protection against pregnancy for the next 48 hours, so if you have sex during that time, you should use a backup method of birth control (such as condoms and spermicide).

Continue Learning about Progestin

Should I be taking progestin along with Evamist?
Typically, if a woman still has her uterus and is taking some form of estrogen, doctors will decide ...
What is progestin?
The term progestin usually refers to a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone, which wome...