Who is most likely to have a nonsurgical cosmetic procedure?

Both surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures are not just for the very rich anymore. A 2009 survey of 687 members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) found that the typical person who opts for injectables and/or fillers for her face is a working, married woman between the ages of 40 and 55 with one to three children. Nearly half had total household incomes under $100,000. Their main reason for the procedures? To look more relaxed, less stressed and rejuvenated.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

Should I believe what I see on TV about plastic surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Every day television programs air on local television channels as well as on cable stations deta...
Does the U.S. Food and Drug Administration test cosmetics?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not monitor or test cosmetics before they are sold to con...
What Are the Advantages of Botox Treatment Over Facial Plastic Surgery?
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?