What are the risks of silicone lip injections?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Doesn't it sound great? One relatively inexpensive injection and those lips will be larger forever.  And that's how silicone lip augmentations were billed. For a couple of decades, a small number of doctors and even some wannabe docs injected silicone to plump up those kissers.  Sometimes it worked out well, but the body sees silicone as foreign as a splinter. And it walls it off by encasing it with scar. That scar can result in lumps and if it gets infected…well, you're out of luck. Because the only cure for that is to cut the silicone out.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

How does corneotherapy treat inflammation, itching and other skin problems?
The concept behind corneotherapy is that it is possible to treat issues taking place in deeper layer...
What is carboxytherapy?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Carboxytherapy refers to the injection of carbon dioxide gas just under the skin's surface. The proc...
What Are the Advantages of Botox Treatment Over Facial Plastic Surgery?
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?