What questions should I ask the doctor before my cosmetic treatment?

Questions you should ask include:

• How long has the doctor been in practice, and how many procedures like yours has he/she done? Be as specific as possible; if you’re interested in getting a wrinkle filler or Botox, ask how many of these the doctor has performed, as well as how many are currently performed daily. You’ll want someone who has at least two to three years experience and who performs these procedures frequently. Some dermatologists do not have a big cosmetic medicine practices.
  • What kinds of procedures are available to you? Be sure that you have a lot of options, and that the doctor uses a variety of materials. You don’t want to be limited.

Your doctor’s fees and payment options should also be understood well in advance. As you probably know, elective cosmetic procedures are not covered by health insurance plans.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

What is plasma skin regeneration (Portrait)?
In plasma skin regeneration (Portrait), pulses of heat energy are directed to superficial and de...
How should I choose a doctor to perform a cosmetic treatment?
Everyone has heard horror stories about burns, scars, crazy amounts of pain. The most common complic...
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?
Are There Risks In Injections to Remove Dark Eye Circles?