What should I be aware of when considering nonsurgical cosmetic treatments?

There are a few things to be aware of when considering nonsurgical cosmetic treatments. Despite the growing popularity of nonsurgical aesthetic treatments, it is important for consumers to do their homework. Even something as simple as a chemical peel carries potential risks, particularly if performed by someone who is not properly trained in the procedure.

The most important things to remember about nonsurgical aesthetic treatments are:
  • You will likely have to bear the entire cost. Insurance rarely covers cosmetic treatments.
  • Few treatments are permanent. Most will need to be repeated within a few months or a few years.
  • Just because a healthcare provider offers a treatment doesn't mean that person is qualified to perform the treatment. Ask for references, talk to people who have had the procedure done and confirm certifications.
  • Plastic surgeons and dermatologists are the most qualified professionals available to provide most nonsurgical aesthetic treatments.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

What questions should I ask the doctor before my cosmetic treatment?
Questions you should ask include:How long has the doctor been in practice, and how many procedures l...
How much do dermal fillers cost?
The average cost for treatment with dermal fillers is $1,000. You pay for dermal fillers by the syri...
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?
Are There Risks In Injections to Remove Dark Eye Circles?