What should I do if I get a cold sore before a cosmetic treatment?

If you carry the herpes virus and experience cold sores on occasion, alert your dermatologist to this so you can plan your treatment around any possible outbreak. Your doctor may advise that you take the antiviral valacyclovir (Valtrex) in advance or reschedule your visit if you already have a cold sore brewing.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

What's the easiest way to improve my skin texture?
Keeping skin hydrated can improve its surface texture and appearance, so use a mild cleanser to avoi...
What questions should I ask the doctor before my cosmetic treatment?
Questions you should ask include:How long has the doctor been in practice, and how many procedures l...
What Are the Advantages of Botox Treatment Over Facial Plastic Surgery?
Are There Risks In Injections to Remove Dark Eye Circles?