How do saunas help remove toxins from the body?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)
Saunas do more than just help you relax; they help clear toxins from your body. It's done not only through the predictable means—the sweat—but because the forced constriction and dilation of blood vessels that happens when you go into and out of the heat releases the chemical nitric oxide.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

Should I believe what I see on TV about plastic surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Every day television programs air on local television channels as well as on cable stations deta...
How much does carboxytherapy cost?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Carboxytherapy often requires multiple treatments, so costs can add up. Prices can vary depending on...
What Are the Advantages of Botox Treatment Over Facial Plastic Surgery?
Are There Risks In Injections to Remove Dark Eye Circles?