How can injectable compounds make my face look younger?

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved several injectable compounds designed to improve the appearance of lines, wrinkles, folds, and scars. Injectables can plump thin or gaunt areas of the face, ease wrinkling or scarring by adding volume, or diminish the appearance of wrinkles by paralyzing facial muscles, preventing the recipient of the treatment from making expressions that contribute to wrinkles. The results of treatment may last anywhere from two months to a full year.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

What can make my eyelashes grow longer, besides medication?
Dr. Arthur W. Perry, MDDr. Arthur W. Perry, MD
Latisse is a prescription drug for growing eyelashes, it is expensive and requires a visit to your d...
What are resurfacing treatments?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
Skin resurfacing refers to the removal of the top layer of skin to reveal the healthier skin underne...
What Are the Advantages of Botox Treatment Over Facial Plastic Surgery?
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?