How effective is laser resurfacing?

Laser resurfacing can be very effective. It can be used to make your skin look younger and smoother, and results may last for many years. However, laser resurfacing is not a "cure" for aging skin. Eventually the natural skin aging process can cause wrinkles and lines to occur again. You can repeat laser resurfacing procedures to address new wrinkles and lines. In addition, laser resurfacing is not always recommended for dark-skinned individuals or those who have active acne as side effects may outweigh any benefits in these people.Laser resurfacing may be effective for depressed acne scars but not raised acne scars. It can be effective for warts, liver spots and some birthmarks.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

Should I worry that other people will notice I've had work done?
What’s the worst thing that can happen? You’re sniped at for being superficial because you Botoxed y...
What treatments are available to get rid of my lip lines?
Skin fillers are one common treatment that can help by making lips fuller. Collagen or hyaluronic ac...
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?
Are There Risks In Injections to Remove Dark Eye Circles?