How can I get the best result from a cosmetic treatment?

No one wants duck lips (too much plumper) or a frozen, expressionless face (too much Botox). Sure, there are bad apples in every professional barrel and even in the best hands, complications can occur ... but they’re far less likely in the hands of someone who has a lot of experience. Likewise, good doctors won’t make you look like someone else. On the contrary, they’ll make you look like you, only younger.
  • Finding a doctor you trust will instantly erase a lot of this fear, so do your homework. You want a physician who is board certified in dermatology or plastic surgery. You’ll find that some head-and-neck surgeons or ear-nose-and-throat doctors are also board certified in plastic surgery, as are some ophthalmologists who also do eyelifts.
  • Schedule a consultation and while you’re there, be sure to look at other patients’ before-and-after pictures to see if the doctor’s aesthetic sense is in tune with yours.
  • Take it slowly. Explain that you want to do a little at a time—say, a light acid peel or laser spot treatments to remove red spider veins or dark facial hairs. It’s not like getting breast implants, where overnight you might go from an A cup to a D. You can have a little done today and, if you like it, come back in a few weeks for a little more. Do what meshes with your lifestyle, too. If you don’t have time (or simply don’t want) to keep coming back for appointments, you can choose to get more done at once or stretch it out over time.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

How can I treat thinning lips?
    YouBeautyYouBeauty
    Treat thinning lips with a simple solution: lip fillers! Luckily, there’s no shortage of volumizers...
    What is galvanic ultrasound?
    Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
    This noninvasive therapy uses high frequency sound waves combined with high voltage pulsed galvanic ...
    How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?
    What Are the Advantages of Botox Treatment Over Facial Plastic Surgery?