Can I regrow eyelashes?

There are many causes of eyelash loss including infection, autoimmune disorders, thyroid trouble, trauma, and even cancer. Thinning of lashes can also happen with age. I would suggest you see your ophthalmologist or eye doctor. This person could ask you some questions and examine you thoroughly to understand the reason for your eyelash problem. Once your doctor knows the problem, you can begin treatment accordingly. Latisse is the only FDA-approved treatment proven to grow longer, darker, and thicker lashes. It takes two to four months to see any effects, and side effects can include darkening of surrounding skin and even the iris or colored part of your eye. You can talk more with your eye doctor whether this treatment is right for you.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

Professional Beauty Treatments

Professional Beauty Treatments

Certain anti-aging beauty treatments -- think Botox, chemical peels, dermal fillers and laser resurfacing -- call for professionals. Dermatologists and plastic surgeons can offer these services, as well as medical spas. Before any ...

treatment, get the facts on who will serve you and what the process involves. Learn more about professional beauty treatments with expert advice from Sharecare.