What vaccinations should I have if I plan to get pregnant?

As you consider expanding your family, you should ensure that you are current on all routine vaccines as indicated by age and individual health factors.

The vaccine statuses of which you should be aware are: hepatitis A, hepatitis B, humanpapilloma virus (HPV) if you are age 26 or younger, influenza (flu shot), measles, mumps and rubella—MMR (live), Tdap (tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis) and varicella—chicken pox (live). If you receive a live vaccine, you should refrain from conception for at least four weeks while establishing immunity.

Before you get pregnant, you should be immunized for varicella, rubella and hepatitis B. During your pregnancy, you’ll want to be immunized for whooping cough during the third trimester, and the flu during flu season.

Continue Learning about Prior To Conception

How can I increase my chances of getting pregnant?
What's the best sex position for fertilization? Missionary? Reverse cowgirl? While the data is incon...
When trying to conceive, how do we lessen the stress?
Swedish Medical CenterSwedish Medical Center
To lessen the stress while you are trying to conceive, try meditation, yoga, self-soothing exercises...
4 Natural Fertility Boosters to Help You Get Pregnant
How Soon After Having My Lap Band Removed Can I Try to Get Pregnant?