When trying to conceive, how do we lessen the stress?

To lessen the stress while you are trying to conceive, try meditation, yoga, self-soothing exercises and exercise. It may help lessen stress if you have a good social support system and open communication with your partner. Also,  do not focus solely on getting pregnant. Enjoy the rest of your life.

To reduce stress while you are trying to conceive, you can try the following: 

• exercise
  • counseling
  • prayer
  • yoga
  • improving your diet

It’s easy to get caught up in the stress of trying to conceive. With every passing month, you may find yourself becoming more and more focused on getting pregnant. The result? You can also start feel more distant from your partner.  Bring your relationship back to center stage by scheduling a regular “date night” for yourselves. On that night, ban all ovulation and procreation talk.  Check in with each other about other issues, hold hands, and reconnect with the couple you were before trying to conceive. Don’t feel pressured to get busy on date night, but do experiment with sensual, relaxing activities like massage that may naturally lead to sex.

Continue Learning about Prior To Conception

Do I need to change my migraine medicine if I want to have a baby?
Dr. Dawn MarcusDr. Dawn Marcus
The harmful effects of most medications on the developing baby are greatest at the beginning of preg...
How can worrying about conceiving affect my sex life?
Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MDHilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
When conception doesn’t happen as quickly as you would like, things can get pretty stressful, pretty...
4 Natural Fertility Boosters to Help You Get Pregnant
How Soon After Having My Lap Band Removed Can I Try to Get Pregnant?