When trying to conceive, how do we lessen the stress?

To lessen the stress while you are trying to conceive, try meditation, yoga, self-soothing exercises and exercise. It may help lessen stress if you have a good social support system and open communication with your partner. Also,  do not focus solely on getting pregnant. Enjoy the rest of your life.

To reduce stress while you are trying to conceive, you can try the following: 

• exercise
  • counseling
  • prayer
  • yoga
  • improving your diet

It’s easy to get caught up in the stress of trying to conceive. With every passing month, you may find yourself becoming more and more focused on getting pregnant. The result? You can also start feel more distant from your partner.  Bring your relationship back to center stage by scheduling a regular “date night” for yourselves. On that night, ban all ovulation and procreation talk.  Check in with each other about other issues, hold hands, and reconnect with the couple you were before trying to conceive. Don’t feel pressured to get busy on date night, but do experiment with sensual, relaxing activities like massage that may naturally lead to sex.

Continue Learning about Prior To Conception

What is non-invasive prenatal testing?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
Non-invasive prenatal testing is a blood test that isolates fetal genetic material to screen for evi...
Should I do anything special to get pregnant, if I am in my late 30s?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
As you age, you have an increasing chance of having a baby born with a birth defect. Yet most women ...
How Soon After Having My Lap Band Removed Can I Try to Get Pregnant?
4 Natural Fertility Boosters to Help You Get Pregnant