How can I prevent spreading a sexually transmitted disease?

Paula Greer
Midwifery Nursing

There is only one way to prevent spreading an STD when you have one and that is ABSTINENCE! Visit your health care provider or clinic at your health department and get tested and treated. Ask them if they will treat your partner too. If not make sure your partner goes for treatment and both of you need a test of cure before resuming sex. Using condoms and dental dams is the best way to prevent infections and an ounce of prevention is so much easier than working on the cure.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of STDs

Can Video Games be Used to Combat STDs?
Can Video Games be Used to Combat STDs?
Super Mario Bros 3 and Doom are two of the top video games ever made—even if they’ve been left in the dust by the more modern, souped-up Arms and Drag...
Why is the HPV vaccine given to boys and girls at such an early age?
Martin M. Anderson, MDMartin M. Anderson, MD
Although national health authorities now recommend that 11-year-old girls and boys receive either th...
How can I protect myself from STDs?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
You can lower your risk of getting an STI with the following steps. The steps work best when used to...
Let's Talk About Safe Sex
Let's Talk About Safe Sex