What diseases occur as epidemics?

The term epidemic is generally used to refer to a marked increase in the incidence of cases and/or rate of spread of an infectious disease that is endemic to a particular area or population. Historically, bacterial diseases such as anthrax, bubonic plague, and cholera were prominent causes of infectious disease epidemics. Today, viral diseases such as AIDS, SARS, and various forms of influenza are widely reported causes of infectious disease epidemics. Other non-infectious diseases are sometimes referred to in epidemic terms.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

Can wind musical instruments be sterilized with disinfectant fluids?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
No!! Band wind musical instruments cannot be sterilized with disinfectant fluids from the music stor...
Can dysentery be prevented?
Dysentery can be prevented by limiting exposure to the bacteria that often cause the disease. The ...
How can I avoid bringing germs into the house through bags?
Germs are everywhere. Unless you're living in a Level-4 biocontainment facility, there are germs on ...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?