How can a dentist's office help prevent MRSA infection?

Infection control is the key to stopping methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) -- a staph infection that is resistant to several common antibiotics -- in health care settings. To protect dental patients like yourself, dental health care workers follow strict infection control practices as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The American Dental Association (ADA) urges all dentists, dental auxiliaries and dental laboratories to employ appropriate infection control procedures, and to keep up-to-date as scientific information leads to improvements in infection control, risk assessment and disease management in oral health care.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

Can typhus be prevented?
To prevent typhus, you should avoid exposing yourself to the illness by avoiding fleas, ticks, mites...
Can typhoid fever be prevented?
Typhoid fever can be prevented by planning ahead. If you're planning on traveling to a country where...
Can erysipelas be prevented?
There is no way to 100% guarantee that you won't get erysipelas, but there are things you can do to ...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?