Can typhus be prevented?

To prevent typhus, you should avoid exposing yourself to the illness by avoiding fleas, ticks, mites, and lice that carry the bacteria. Wear bug spray if you are going to be in an area where there could be ticks or fleas. Avoid unsanitary conditions where there could be lice. If you think you have been exposed to lice, wash clothing and bedding in extremely hot water to kill the lice.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

How can I prevent bacterial and yeast infections?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Here's how you can help prevent bacterial and yeast infections: 1. I discuss hydration often and ...
How can I avoid germs on devices I touch during the day?
Before you grab a handful of walnuts and the remote to turn on the TV, take a look at the keypad. Ho...
Can breastfeeding protect my baby from Cronobacter infection?
Breastfeeding helps prevent many kinds of infections among infants. Almost no cases of Cronobacter i...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?