Can erysipelas be prevented?

There is no way to 100% guarantee that you won't get erysipelas, but there are things you can do to reduce your risk. Since the infection enters through skin lesions and foot fungus, try to avoid cuts and take good care of your feet. If you do get a cut, keep it clean and practice good hygiene.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

How can I avoid germs on devices I touch during the day?
Before you grab a handful of walnuts and the remote to turn on the TV, take a look at the keypad. Ho...
How do I protect my baby from infections when traveling?
To protect your baby from infections when traveling, make sure your baby is up to date on vaccinatio...
What are the most-germ-covered places in the home?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
You might be surprised. Most people would say the toilet, but the toilet seat is not even the dirtie...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?