Can erysipelas be prevented?

There is no way to 100% guarantee that you won't get erysipelas, but there are things you can do to reduce your risk. Since the infection enters through skin lesions and foot fungus, try to avoid cuts and take good care of your feet. If you do get a cut, keep it clean and practice good hygiene.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

What are the most-germ-covered places in the home?
Lisa Marie RosatiLisa Marie Rosati
Drum roll, please… The germiest item in your household is… ironically…the item used to keep things c...
What can surgeons do to prevent infections from surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
To prevent surgical infections several steps can be performed. First, intravenous antibiotics are gi...
How do I protect my baby from infections when traveling?
To protect your baby from infections when traveling, make sure your baby is up to date on vaccinatio...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?