Can dysentery be prevented?

Dysentery can be prevented by limiting exposure to the bacteria that often cause the disease. The best way to limit exposure is to drink, bathe, and swim in only clean, uninfected water. Using good hygiene can also help prevent dysentery. People with dysentery should wash their hands well with soap, particularly after using the bathroom, to prevent the spread of infection.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

Can wind musical instruments be sterilized with disinfectant fluids?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
No!! Band wind musical instruments cannot be sterilized with disinfectant fluids from the music stor...
Should I use antibacterial products to prevent infection?
An essential part of preventing the spread of infection in the community and at home is proper hygie...
Can I avoid getting a bacterial infection from the surgical team?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
One can avoid a bacterial infection from the surgical team by proper sterile surgical technique, dra...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?