Can breastfeeding protect my baby from Cronobacter infection?

Breastfeeding helps prevent many kinds of infections among infants. Almost no cases of Cronobacter infection (caused by Cronobacter bacteria found naturally in the environment) have been reported among infants who were being exclusively breastfed (meaning, the baby was fed only breast milk and no formula or other foods), and there is no known risk of getting Cronobacter infection through breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

What is the best way to prevent bacterial infections?
Certain infections are screened for in the ICU setting. For example, MRSA and C. Diff infections...
Can flesh-eating bacteria be prevented?
You cannot completely prevent infection by flesh-eating bacteria, but there are a few simple steps t...
Can vestibular neuronitis be prevented?
Because it is likely caused by a viral infection, you can prevent vestibular neuronitis the same way...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?