How can I avoid germs on devices I touch during the day?

Before you grab a handful of walnuts and the remote to turn on the TV, take a look at the keypad. How many people in your house touched the remote today? Unless everyone washes his or her hands each and every time they touch it, the remote is a breeding ground for germs. Take a not-too-moist disinfecting cleaning cloth to all remotes and phones. Ask everyone to wash their hands or use alcohol-based sanitizers before (and after) touching them.

Take a look around at all the electronic devices you touch over the course of the day. You may be the only one touching your computer keypad but that doesn't mean it isn't riddled with germs. Each time you shut down, take a cleaning cloth to the keyboard and mouse. If you are willing to make the investment, there are UV disinfecting wands available.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Prevention Of Bacterial Infection

How do children spread germs?
About 22 million school days are lost due to the common cold. Learn more on this topic in this v...
Can breastfeeding protect my baby from Cronobacter infection?
Breastfeeding helps prevent many kinds of infections among infants. Almost no cases of Cronobacter i...
Can erysipelas be prevented?
There is no way to 100% guarantee that you won't get erysipelas, but there are things you can do to ...
How Can I Avoid Getting Sick From Bacteria While Swimming?