How can I avoid medication errors while I'm traveling?

These tips will help prevent pill problems while you're on vacation (or on your third business trip of the month):
  • Consider getting digital prescriptions, if possible. They're easier to fill remotely than handwritten notes.
  • Always pack more medicine than you'll need. I always get calls over the holidays and on summer vacations from patients who say, "I'm stuck here and completely out of my meds—please help!" Smart patients wouldn't let this happen to them.
  • Don't check your pills into your baggage at the airport. You'll go to Cleveland, they'll go to Haiti, it's a hassle.
YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment

Everyone needs to become a smart patient. In fact, in the worst cases, your life may even depend on it. Number one bestselling authors and doctors Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz have written this...
These tips will help prevent pill problems while you're on vacation (or on your third business trip of the month): Consider getting digital prescriptions, if possible. They're easier to fill remotely than handwritten notes. Always pack more medicine than you need and be sure to have a copy with you of any ongoing prescriptions you take. 

Continue Learning about Preventing Medical Errors

Protect Yourself from Medical Mistakes
Protect Yourself from Medical Mistakes
Outbreaks of exotic new diseases and potential health epidemics are all over the news, but simple medical errors—human mistakes and miscalculations—ac...
How can I avoid errors when getting a prescription at my doctor's office?
Of course you should ask your doctor several questions whenever he or she wants to give you a new me...
How can I keep my parent safe from medication errors in the hospital?
Hospital Safety ScoreHospital Safety Score
Older people in the hospital are particularly sensitive to the effects of medication errors. They te...
How Can I Avoid Medication Errors While I'm In a Hospital?