How many people die every year due to hospital errors?

It's estimated that as many as 180,000 patients die every year because of errors in hospitals. Two million patients get an infection while hospitalized, which proves fatal for 90,000 of them.
YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment

Everyone needs to become a smart patient. In fact, in the worst cases, your life may even depend on it. Number one bestselling authors and doctors Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz have written this...

Continue Learning about Preventing Medical Errors

Danger in the Hospital: It's Worse Than You Think
In May, when Sean Williams’ 78-year-old father, Alan, took two sudden falls, he did the right thing: He called the doctor to report he was in terrible...
How can I prevent adverse medication interactions?
The best way to prevent adverse medication interactions is to ask your family doctor or pharmacist w...
How can I keep my child safe from medication errors in the hospital?
Hospital Safety ScoreHospital Safety Score
You should be present and active in your child’s hospitalization to keep him or her safe from drug e...
How Can I Avoid Medication Errors While I'm In a Hospital?