How can I deal with fears of wrong site surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Wrong site surgery is very rare. One can deal with the fear of wrong site surgery by having an open discussion with your surgeon both at consultation and pre-surgical. Have the area or extremity Marked by the surgeon and review again with the operating room nurses once brought into surgical suite. 

Continue Learning about Preventing Medical Errors

Don’t Miss Your Misdiagnosis
Don’t Miss Your Misdiagnosis
In the 2014 movie The Angriest Man in Brooklyn, Henry Altmann, (Robin Williams) was able to set his life straight after a doctor mistakenly told him h...
How can I make sure my name is recorded correctly in the hospital?
Hospital Safety ScoreHospital Safety Score
Patient identification can present problems in hospitals. Names that look and sound similar, rhyme, ...
How can I avoid medication errors while I'm in a hospital?
Ileen CravenIleen Craven
First and foremost keep a complete list of ALL medications (prescribed, over the counter, and herbs/...
How Can I Avoid Medication Errors While I'm In a Hospital?