What are the dangers of taking medication that was not prescribed for me?

You should never take medication that is not prescribed for you, including sleep aids, because doctors determine dosages based on individual factors. Watch Nina Singh Radcliff, MD, explain the dangers of taking medication that isn't yours.

Continue Learning about Prescription Drug Adherence

How to Avoid Mixing Up Your Daily Medications
In Mel Brooks’ Young Frankenstein, when Igor (Marty Feldman) steals a brain for Dr. Frankenstein (Gene Wilder), there’s a mix-up and the doc gets a br...
How can I keep track of when I give my child medication?
When your child is taking a medication, jot down the time you give it to him. It’s easy to wonder, “...
What combinations of medicines could be a problem when mixed?
There are many prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) combinations that should put people on hi...
How to Prevent Medication Errors and Accidental Overdose