If I am pregnant, should I skip my dental cleaning?

Visiting a dentist or periodontist at least once while you are pregnant is recommended. Not seeing a dentist or periodontist could result in missed signs of periodontal disease that could possibly create complications for your pregnancy and your unborn child.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy and Oral Health

How can I prevent dental problems before pregnancy?
It is certainly possible to prevent dental problems like cavities, gingivitis, and periodontitis bef...
How do I treat gum disease if I am pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you are pregnant, tell your dentist about any changes you have noticed in your oral health. Many ...
Is calcium lost from my teeth if I am pregnant?
A common myth surrounding pregnancy is that the body takes away calcium from the teeth because it ha...
Is it safe for pregnant women to have dental work?
David A. Schwartz, DDSDavid A. Schwartz, DDS
There is no research that shows having dental procedures done while pregnant puts the fetus at risk ...