If I am in my third trimester, what can I expect at my next dental visit?

During your third trimester, you should tell your dentist if you have had any pregnancy complications up to that point. One of the top concerns during the third trimester is comfort. If you are uncomfortable, tell your dentist. Your dentist may allow you to lie on your left side. This decreases the weight of your uterus on the vena cava, one of the major veins that brings blood back to your heart. If you are too uncomfortable, consider rescheduling the procedure until after delivery.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy and Oral Health

Can my unborn baby get infected from dental problems?
Your mouth contains millions of bacteria at any given time and you will have a higher "bacterial loa...
Can oral complications associated with pregnancy be prevented?
Not everyone will be able to prevent pregnancy gingivitis, but proper oral hygiene is a good start. ...
Can I take antibiotics for a dental procedure if I am pregnant?
Some antibiotics prescribed for dental procedures are considered safe if you are pregnant, others ar...
Can I have a dental x-ray if I'm pregnant?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
Despite the extremely low radiation of dental x-rays, routine check-up x-rays are usually avoided du...