Should I be worried about amniotic sac disorders?

There is a lot to worry about when you are pregnant. Amniotic sac disorders are not common and there is really no predictable cause. However, Amniotic sac disorders could be life-threatening, especially for the baby. There are several complications from too much or too little amniotic fluid. Too much fluid could cause the amniotic sac to rupture too early, starting premature labor. Too little fluid could delay the development of vital organs in the fetus. It could also make delivery more complicated, even if the fetus has been developing normally. The disorders are more complicated when they occur early in the pregnancy, possibly leading to miscarriages. Serious birth defects can be caused by amniotic sac disorders or can cause them. Postpartum bleeding in the mother is also a possibility.

But, unless your doctor feels you may be at risk for developing some of the disorders based on your medical history, you probably don't need to be worried. Take care of yourself and your health. See your doctor as scheduled and if you have any concerns, contact your physician right away.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
What is the treatment for a high-risk pregnancy?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
According to UCLA maternal and fetal medicine specialist Daniel Kahn, MD, PhD, collaboration is esse...
How do I manage my low lying placenta during my pregnancy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Follow your doctor's orders closely if you have a low-lying placenta. Depending on where you are in ...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children