When should I call the doctor if I'm being treated with 17P?

Like any pregnant woman, you should call your doctor or midwife if you have any of these symptoms while being treated with 17P:
  • Contractions (not always painful) that come every 15 minutes or more often
  • Cramping (like menstrual cramps) that’s either constant or on and off, and may come with diarrhea
  • Low, dull backache that’s constant or on and off
  • Pressure in your pelvis, groin, or thighs
  • Bleeding or spotting
  • A change in vaginal discharge (a sudden increase in discharge, or discharge that is suddenly watery or full of mucus)
  • A gush or a slow leak of fluid from your vagina
  • A feeling that your uterus is “knotting up” or tightening, or that the baby is balling up inside
  • Headaches that are constant or severe
  • Sudden swelling in your face or hands
  • Pain in the upper right part of your tummy
  • Blurred vision or spots in front of your eyes
  • Sudden weight gain (more than one pound in a day)
  • Decreased or no movement of your baby

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
Read More
How is hyperemesis gravidarum diagnosed?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Studies show that hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness, only occurs in about tw...
More Answers
How is hyperemesis gravidarum treated?
Diana MeeksDiana Meeks
Hyperemesis gravidarum is a very rare and severe form of morning sickness that causes dehydration an...
More Answers
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.