What increases my risk for chorioamnionitis?

If you've never given birth before, have a vaginal infection, or have a very long labor, you are at increased risk for chorioamnionitis. Other risk factors include premature labor and the use of internal monitoring devices for your pregnancy.

Living in a developing country may also increase your risk because vaginal and systemic infections are more common in these countries.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
How can pregnancy increase my risk for heart disease?
Kelly Anne Spratt, DOKelly Anne Spratt, DO
During the nine months of gestation, women can develop preeclampsia (the development of high blood p...
What is Rh disease?
Rh disease is a potentially dangerous form of anemia that can develop in fetuses whose mothers have ...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children