What activities should I avoid with premature rupture of membranes?

If you have experienced premature rupture of membranes and the leakage and contractions have stopped; to avoid another occurrence, you should avoid as much activity as possible including sexual activity. Your doctor may require you to be bedridden until you're either out of the danger zone or until the baby is born. However, you may be able to sit up in your bed or on the couch according to your doctor's advice.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
How can I avoid pregnancy complications if I have migraines?
Dr. Dawn MarcusDr. Dawn Marcus
The best way to reduce your risk of rare pregnancy-related complications if you have migraines is to...
What is preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is fairly common but potentially serious complication of pregnancy. It is characterized...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children