Should I talk to a doctor about a symptom of placenta accreta?

Yes, you should talk to your doctor as soon as possible if you have a symptom of placenta accreta (third-trimester bleeding). It is important for your doctor to know how much and how often you've been bleeding. Your doctor can run diagnostic tests using ultrasound technology to examine where the placenta meets the uterine wall. It will also be determined what should be done (bed rest and monitoring or an emergency delivery) based on the results of such tests.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
Can I still have sex if I have a low lying placenta?
If you have been diagnosed with a low-lying placenta you should ask your doctor if sex is okay. It d...
Why am I more vulnerable to blood clots during pregnancy?
Uterine veins dilate up to 60 times larger than normal during pregnancy. The hormone relaxin hel...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children