Should I talk to my doctor about my placental abruption symptoms?

Yes, immediate medical attention should be sought when you experience the symptoms of placental abruption. Placental abruption is dangerous for both you and your child. Even if you notice bleeding or pain that is not severe, you should talk to your doctor about it. Your doctor will need to monitor your situation closely and may need to put you on bed rest if placental abruption is suspected.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
When should I see my doctor about vaginal bleeding during pregnancy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If a patient experiences vaginal bleeding during pregnancy, this is not always normal. A patient sho...
What is a high-risk pregnancy?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
High-risk pregnancies occur in less than 10 percent of all pregnancies in the U.S. However, the comp...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children