Should I talk to my doctor about my chorioamnionitis symptoms?

Treatment of chorioamnionitis can reduce your chance of developing complications, so it's important to start a dialogue with your doctor if you are experiencing fever, vaginal discharge, a fast heartbeat, and/or abdominal pain. You should also talk to your doctor about any vaginal infections you may have. These infections can travel up the reproductive tract to the womb.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
If I'm pregnant, should I be worried about spotting?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you're pregnant, spotting and bleeding can be perfectly normal—or it can be a sign of troulbe. In...
Can a low lying placenta harm my baby?
Simply having the placenta in a low lying position but not on the edge of the cervix, should not int...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children