Should I talk to a doctor about my premature rupture of membranes symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of premature rupture of membranes (PROM). Symptoms include premature leakage of the amniotic fluid contained inside the fetal membranes also known as the amniotic sac. Premature rupturing of the amniotic sac occurs before 40 weeks of fetal development; it is called preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM) if it occurs before 37 weeks. Premature labor will usually follow within one to two days (longer if preterm PROM). Talk to your doctor right away if you experience any of these symptoms to avoid infection in your body or in your baby's body.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
What increases my risk for placenta previa?
Placenta previa occurs when the zygote implants in the lower uterine segment. Usually the zygote imp...
What is anemia in pregnancy?
Anemia is a fairly common pregnancy condition and occurs when you have low levels of hemoglobin in y...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children