Should I talk to my doctor about my retained placenta symptoms?

You should speak to your doctor if you experience symptoms consistent with retained placenta. While the doctor will often determine that you have retained placenta while you are in the hospital giving birth, sometimes pieces of the placenta are left inside the uterus. If you notice that you are bleeding heavily, if you have foul smelling discharge, or fever, you should call your doctor. Sweating, dizziness, and anxiety can occur if you lose a significant amount of blood, which can be dangerous. Infection is also a possibility, and it too can be dangerous.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
Can pregnant women be treated for varicose veins?
Dr. John T. Morris, DODr. John T. Morris, DO
Varicose veins typically get worse during pregnancy, when there's a lot more fluid and a lot more sw...
What are the signs and symptoms of preterm labor?
SwedishSwedish
The symptoms of preterm labor include: Pelvic pressure (a feeling of the baby moving down) Low...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children