What is the rate of incidence of retained placenta?

Retained placenta occurs in 0.5 to 1 percent of women who go through childbirth. The rate of incidence goes up for women with uterine scarring and a history of retained placenta. There are other factors that would increase your risk, including age, early labor, and small or low-lying placenta.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
What should I know about pre-term contractions during pregnancy?
Prof. Kathy SniderProf. Kathy Snider
It is always important to understand what is meant by "pre-term". In the hospital setting, it is oft...
Is it bad if I bleed when I am pregnant?
Mary ChappellMary Chappell
I never consider bleeding during pregnancy normal. Common? Yes. Main point is to find out why you ar...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children