How can I prevent anemia during pregnancy?

You can help prevent anemia during pregnancy by taking a daily prenatal vitamin with iron. It is also important to see an obstetrician during your pregnancy to be tested for anemia and treated appropriately if needed.

Women can prevent anemia during pregnancy by taking pre-natal vitamins and iron-rich food.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
How common are high blood pressure and preeclampsia in pregnancy?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
High blood pressure problems occur in 6 percent to 8 percent of all pregnancies in the U.S., about 7...
How can I stop Braxton Hicks contractions in week 22 of pregnancy?
Actions to decrease the discomfort from Braxton Hicks contractions include changing position, drinki...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children