How can I prevent anemia during pregnancy?

Women can prevent anemia during pregnancy by taking pre-natal vitamins and iron-rich food.

You can help prevent anemia during pregnancy by taking a daily prenatal vitamin with iron. It is also important to see an obstetrician during your pregnancy to be tested for anemia and treated appropriately if needed.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
What is a high-risk pregnancy?
Dr. Deborah Raines, MSNDr. Deborah Raines, MSN
A pregnancy is considered high risk when the life or health of the mother or fetus is threatened bec...
How can I avoid edema during pregnancy?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Edema is the abnormal accumulation of excess fluid in the tissue spaces most commonly in the pregnan...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children